Novel Coronavirus related Information
As a part of efforts to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus COVID-19, tourist facilities in Saitama City may be temporarily closed or their open hours changed, or events may be cancelled or postponed. For the latest information, please refer to the following and check the official website of each facility and event.
[About the novel coronavirus]
You can find more information on the coronavirus on CLAIR website
- March,27, 28 Saita-March has been cancelled.
- March,27, 28 Saitamarché with Saita-March has been cancelled.
- Early April Iwatsuki Castle Park Cherry Blossom Festival has been cancelled.
- Mid-April Primrose Festival has been cancelled.
- April, 17-18 “Urawa Primrose Market” has been cancelled.
- May, 3-4 International Friendship Fair has been cancelled.
- May, 3-5 Omiya Bonsai Festival has been cancelled,
- Mid-May Rose Festival has been cancelled.
- June, 12 Omiya Takigi Noh will be broadcast on TV Saitama (scheduled).
- From June 13 to September 12 Omiya Takigi Noh will be streamed online.
- Late August Doll Town Iwatsuki Festival has been cancelled.
- Early September Urawa Festival Kita-Urawa Awa-Odori Dance Festival has been cancelled.
[Major sightseeing spots]
*The Omiya Bonsai Art Museum has reopened from May 29, 2020.
*Iwatsuki Ningyo Museum has reopened from June 2, 2020.
*The Railway Museum has reopened from June 10, 2020.
*Mint Museum Saitama of Branch has reopened from June 22, 2020 (Coin Factory Tour will be closed until further notice.)
**Tourist information centers(Omiya, Saitama-Shintoshin, Urawa, Iwatsuki) have reopened from June 1.**